Development of a new production unit
- Excavation and foundations
- Reinforced retaining subterranean tank to collect contaminated waste water in case of an emergency spill
- Stainless steel drainage and underground services
- Two-storey portal frame structure
- Precast concrete and hollow rib floors
- Fire protection
- Partitioning and ceilings
- Precast concrete staircase and goods lift
- Specialist coatings
Thornton & Ross Ltd develop, manufacture, and supply a growing portfolio of healthcare products. As part of a phased growth plan, they were looking to develop a section of fallow land into a new production unit for their product Zoflora. This was to be built on an already existing site, meaning our work had to be carried out in the middle of an active facility, without us interrupting any of their ongoing operations.
Building Projects Group was heavily involved with three phases of this major project. This was a major construction project and required our excellent traffic management skills to keep the site yard clear for deliveries and to maintain 24-hour production. We also implemented a tight health and safety plan, ensuring safety at all times while maintaining project deadlines and enabling production to be maintained without interruption.
Our work was completed without any disruption to the clientâ€™s other operations. Our team and the Thornton & Ross team worked well together throughout. They were delighted with the high standard of work, especially since it was finished on schedule and within budget.