New flat & pitched roof works, new suspended concrete floors, Classroom and WC fit out, M&E upgrades.
- Asbestos removal
- New student WC areas
- Strip-out and construction of new open-plan facility
- New classroom layout with updated facilities
- Drama studio
- Strip and re-lay new pitched roofs
- Overlay flat roof
- Full heating and electrical upgrade to entire school
- New suspended concrete floors
- M&E upgrade
Removal of existing concrete floors to classrooms that had been painted on the underside of slab with an asbestos substance and was no longer structurally adequate. All the existing gas/ heating & water pipework need to be diverted under the floors while also keep the school operational.
- Asbestos survey.
- Specialist RAMS.
- Air monitoring to all areas.
- Full RPPE and overclothing.
- Damping down.
- Break out into smaller sections that were left in void, labelled, and covered with concrete encapsulation to create new sub-base.
Building Projects Group managed to hand over the project on time to the delight of the client. This high-end facility was completed to the highest standard with the clientsâ€™ expectations constantly met.
The new classrooms and drama studio create a modern and more enjoyable atmosphere for the students to learn as well as having a bespoke open plan boutique feel toilet facility. New flat and pitched roof works enable the school to be more sustainable and efficient when heating the classrooms as well as enhancing the character of the different blocks within the school grounds.
Constant communication and planning different areas within the scheme along with monitoring health and safety were essential to ensure a successful completion of works.