Large-scale, multi-phase refurbishment
- Complete strip-out of the building
- Construction of a hydrotherapy pool and changing suite
- Isolation of existing services within building
- Complete M&E fit-out throughout the entire retreat
- Construction of a main reception area, office area, and accessible toilets
- Design and construction of a new link to the rear of the building, including new steel work and a curtain walling
- New aluminium entrance lobby
- Construction of a sensory, movie, play, and chill zone
- Landscaping works to the front courtyard, including a new pathway and boundary wall
- Remedial roofing works where required
As part of a 10-phase master refurbishment plan at the old Wood Hospital in Glossop, we were appointed to undertake and deliver phases 4, 5, and 6 for the charity organisation Reuben's Retreat. When we took over the site, the building required a complete strip-out prior to any other works commencing. This needed to be done on-time to ensure the scheme didn't fall behind schedule.
After establishing what work needed doing and when, we set about the complete strip-out. This gave us a shell we could work with to provide the facilities necessary, including the hydrotherapy pool and accompanying changing suite, the offices and reception area, and the sensory and chill zone. Where we could, we offered financial support to Reuben's Retreat to help save them money where possible.
Building Projects completed the scheme on time and within budget, much to the delight of the charity. This was such an important project for all involved. Knowing we had made a difference and delivered something which would positively affect lives was truly gratifying. After this project, we continued to work closely with Reuben's Retreat to support them on their remaining schemes.